Do you dream of growing your own vegetables, fresh fruit, herbs and flowers? If so, you will be pleased to learn that Great Staughton has a site containing 22 allotments.
There is also a young communal orchard on the site which was planted approximately 3 years ago.
Regular work parties to keep the allotment area tidy, weed free and in good repair, take place once a month from the spring months to late autumn.
The allotments holders meet once a year to discuss any issues and agree any particular work that needs doing. The annual rent is £25.00 to 35.00 per plot, dependent upon size. This includes the annual membership fee of £10 which is used to help offset any expenses incurred in the maintenance of the site.
Allotmenteers are a friendly bunch and are always happy to offer guidance to new members and also love to pick up tips from other members.
If you would like further information please email: email@example.com
Please see below the agenda for the Annual Parish Assembly:
Great Staughton Parish Council
Annual Parish Assembly
19th April 2018
7.30pm in the Village Hall
- Apologies for absence
- Chairman’s welcome and review of the 2017/18 year.
- Parish Councillors 2017/18 and Parish Council 2018/19
- Parish Accounts: Parish Council – Bob Jewell. Playing Field – Bob Jewell. Parish Charities – Eileen Gilbert. Village Hall – Helen Glanville. ‘Life’ Magazine – Helen Glanville
- Reports from County & District Councillors & Police
- Reports from the School, Church and other local societies.
- Village Hall Improvements
- Playing field improvements
- Affordable Housing – Community Land Trust
- Parish matters: Parking issues / Speed Limits