Held on Monday 12th June 2017
Apologies: Liz Wetzel, Tricia Richards
Present: Kevin Fisk (Chair), Bob Jewell (vice chair) Phil Yates, Helen Glanville, Vicki Goldsmith, Lesley Spafford.
Following their own meeting & hard work Kevin & Bob reported they have managed to get three quotes for all the requirements & a figure to present to the Grant committee. The total was not as high as expected, which will enable the work in the toilets to be carried out.
Quotes received for: heating, windows & doors, toilets & flooring in the toilets, insulation & decorating almost throughout.
Total cost approximately £31,945. This figure will be submitted by next Monday 19th June 2017.
All our policies are up to date.
Our aim is to improve the efficiency of the Hall, particularly the heating and to provide a pleasant environment for our users and to encourage future patrons.
We are a valuable resource in the Village and surrounding areas, for all age groups and an emergency setting for the school should an evacuation ever be required.
We should hear by the third or fourth week in July, whether our bid has been successful.
Contractors to be organised to start asap, if successful.
We anticipate the Hall will be closed for approximately four to five weeks, possibly in September or Tues 29thAugust 2017.
KF to contact: window company again, to confirm window & door styles and composition.
BJ to submitted application this week.
Busy Bees have removed all their equipment, the shelving to be offered to the Friendship Club. This should free up space behind the bar. Action PY
China has been bought, old stuff to be removed & donated to Church Fete.
Guttering & soffits all done, cost £5,000. KF & BJ to check.
An invitation to be forwarded re new vicar. Action LS
Date of next meeting Tuesday 25th July 2017 @ 8pm.