Life Magazine – Notes from the AGM Held on Wednesday 30th December 2015, in the White Hart, Great Staughton
Present: Bob Jewell (Chairman), Helen Glanville (Treasurer), Shaun Prince (Co-Editor)
- Accounts. The Treasurer produced the draft accounts for the year (2015), which showed a decrease in assets of £557.94, but it was noted no contribution had been received from Perry Parish Council in the year. Perry Parish Council will be reminded of this. We had produced 12 colour covers this year and 1 colour centre. The Collection boxes fund half an edition. The adverts seem to have stabilised. We have managed to run a 40 page 2 times, 44 page 2 times, 48 page 4 times, 52 page 2 times and 56 page 2 times. Running more often with bigger magazines has increased the print costs slightly but it was felt this was worth it. Great Staughton Parish Council has donated to the magazine in 2015 and the Committee expressed their gratitude to them.
- Bank Account. The money held in the Life Magazine account was £4778.17 which was £557.94 down on last year. We use an HSBC Community account with Bob Jewell, Helen Glanville and Geoff Gilbert as signatories. Copies of all bank statements will be scanned to committee members to ensure visibility.
- Printing Costs. The new size has stabilised the costs and ensured the future of the magazine. We got quotes from other printers and Easiprint was still the cheapest. It is still efficient and easy for the Editors to use. They also allow us to change the size of the magazine monthly which gives us good flexibility with a varying level of content.
- Advertising Prices. The cost for a page will remain at £30 for a whole page. Covers to remain same also. The committee are grateful to those loyal advertisers for sticking with the Magazine.
- Posting Magazines Out of Area. The cost of posting copies to “out of area” readers will be increased to £14.00 as we have produced more larger page editions.
- Magazine makeup. We have managed to run a 40 page 2 times, 44 page magazine 2 times, 48 page 4 times, 52 page 2 times and 56 page 2 times. All have had a colour cover and 1 had a colour centre.
- The policy agreed last year, that advertisers who were slow to pay be invoiced twice and/or given two months grace with their advert, but then be removed from the Magazine, was reaffirmed.
- Editors Payment. It was agreed to pay the Editors payment for both Rob and Shaun. The editors incur many costs and it was felt that even this token amount will help towards paying for some of it! The amount was agreed to increase to £120.00 and it would be paid by BACS. Rob and new editor Shaun also kindly agreed to continue editing! The rest of the committee thanked them!
- Minutes to be Published. It was agreed to continue to publish these minutes on the Village website.
- 40th As it is our 40th year we agreed to use excerpts from past magazines throughout the years to see the difference, or not, between then and now. Maybe to contact old editors to get a view on how it used to be produced.
30th December 2015