Playing Field Committee April

Minutes of Great Staughton Playing Field Committee Meeting

held on 5th April 2012

Present:

Janet Bowen (Chair)                               Geoff Gilbert                              Bob Jewell

William Mumford                                    Justin Waldock                           Louise Whalley

Mervyn Young

Dianne Palmer (Clerk)

1.   Apologies: received from John Hitchin, Anna Merchant and Claire Matthews

  1. Approval of Minutes

On some copies of the minutes the date of the meeting was incorrectly stated as January, J Bowen corrected the minute book to February and the minutes were approved and duly signed.

  1. Matters arising:

b/f – the lid for the bin has been received and W Mumford will fit.                                                  Action: WM

b/f – The new curtains have been fireproofed and will be fitted.                                                      Action: JB

b/f – No Dogs signs – will be installed.                                                                                          Action: WM

b/f – risk assessment – J Bowen will discuss with C Matthews.                                                        Action: JB

b/f – with regard to the trees on the playing field J Bowen is waiting for the current ROSPA report to check the situation.                                                                                                                                             Action: JB

b/f – W Mumford did some work clearing the blocked drain but could not completely clear it.   J Bowen contacted Anglian Water and high pressure water was fed through the drain dislodging several items. 

 

  1. Treasurers report:

A report was circulated by the Treasurer and discussed.   Please see below:

Great Staughton Playing Field – Statement of Accounts for year up to March 2012
         
Income

2012

  Expenditure

2012

PreSchool

516.00

  HDC rates

225.16

Parties/meetings

120.00

  Electricity

670.78

Football Club

260.00

  Cleaning materials

93.44

Interest

.06

  Decorating

 

Parish Council Grant

500.00

  Cleaning

664.00

Cricket Club

208.00

  Anglian Water

339.66

Tennis Club

75.00

  Fire inspection

88.61

Horticultural Society

72.00

  Repairs

239.04

 

 

  Safety signs

54.78

Excess of expenditure over income

624.41

   

 

Total

£2,375.47

   

£2,375.47

 

 

   

 

Balance Sheet as at 30/01/2012

 

   

 

Opening balance at bank

116.37

  Debtors

 

Opening cash

262.00

  Closing cash

2.00

Add Opening Debtors

556.00

  Payments in advance

 

Less Opening Creditors

 

  Excess of expenditure over income

624.41

Excess of income over expenditure

 

  Closing bank

328.90

 

 

  Less creditors

20.94

 

£934.37

   

£934.37

R Jewell said that the figures for the year end would probably be similar to those above.   Expenditure was higher than income by £624.41 and discussion followed regarding making a small increase to users to help balance the figures.    The rate for casual bookings was £15.00 for up to 3 hours was felt to be reasonable.    RJ suggested an increase to £28.00 per session for the Cricket Club and the Football Club.   A small increase to Piglets to £5.00 per session for use of the main room was agreed.   An increase for the Tennis Club was agreed at the February meeting.   Increases to come in to effect when the users next ‘season’ started.   G Gilbert proposed the increases be implemented and M Young seconded the motion, carried unanimously.   The annual grant from the Parish Council was discussed and J Bowen asked for guidance on how much should be requested.   A figure of £1,000.00 was proposed by G Gilbert and seconded by J Waldock, carried unanimously.                                         Action: JB

  1. Reports from Clubs & Users:

Football – no representative present.

Pre-school & Piglets – A Merchant has e-mailed information that putty around some windows needed replacing and also a request for female sanitary facilities.   J Bowen will ask how the school deal with this.          Action: JB

Cricket – R Jewell had e-mailed the fixture list to the Clerk for the contractor to coordinate grass cutting and agreed for his e-mail address to be given to Mr P Round to deal with any queries.                                               Action: DP

School – L Whalley confirmed that the County Council will continue to fund the crossing patrol as Great Staughton meet the criteria.   A letter has been sent to the Parish Council relating to the traffic speed near the school.   Gala day will take place on 30th June and the Pavilion is already booked.   The school will hold the sports day on the field.  

J Bowen thanked Louise for her input in the past and wished her every success in her new school.

Tennis – J Waldock said that the second court had now been resurfaced and the lines would be painted within the next week.   At present there are only 4 members.

  1. Funding application for play equipment

J Bowen has received feedback from the children in the village and the information has been collected into a wish list.   Now waiting for ACRE to give guidance on how to obtain the funds.  

  1. Queen Elizabeth II playing fields challenge

The Deeds for the Fields in Trust have been received but had to be returned to correct a mistake.   It was agreed that the Gala day would be an ideal opportunity to dedicate the field.                                                                  Action: JB

  1. Operational matters:

J Bowen reported that the downpipe has separated again.                                                             Action: RJ

W Mumford reported that the property to the rear of the Pavilion had left cuttings from Leylandii between the fence and the Pavilion.                                                                                                                                    Action: JB

M Young said that the lock is missing from the gate to the rear of the Pavilion.                                 Action: JB

  1. Correspondence:

None

10. Any other business

J Bowen thanked everyone for attending and reminded them that the next meeting on 12th July is the Annual General Meeting.

The meeting closed at 8.45pm

Dates for 2012:

Thursday, 12th July

Thursday, 11th October

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s